Wednesday, December 22, 2004

GREAT-FULL

I woke up this morning with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. As I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I felt so grateful for my electric toothbrush. How many people in the world have the luxury of brushing with an electric toothbrush, let alone own an actual toothbrush, I thought.

As I went back to the bedroom I saw my perfect pudgy pretty little boy and felt this overwhelming love for him and my two other beautiful kids still sleeping in their warm beds.

There is peace. There is quiet.

In a short while we will all be trooping noisyly downstairs for a nice, warm breakfast of pancakes, fresh fruit and juice. We will all be full in the bellies. The kids will watch their favorite cartoons. I will do stuff and putter around the house and maybe catch Oprah at four. The two younger kids will nap. My eldest boy and I will do homeschooling. And if I am lucky, I will have time to play on my computer.

And before I know it, my darling man would walk in the door --- one of my favorite times of the day --- and it would have been another busy, fun-filled day at the Azimi home.

And all is good.

And God is great.

And I am full.



Great-Full.

No comments: