Thursday, April 20, 2006

3 trees, a sunset and a story about a camel's hoofprint


3 Trees & A Sunset, originally uploaded by iKat Kreations.

A Frenchman was crossing the desert with an Arab guide. Day after day, the Arab never failed to kneel on the burning sand and call upon his God. At last, one evening the unbeliever said to the Arab, "How do you know there is a God?"

The guide fixed his eye upon the scoffer for a moment and then replied: "How do I know that a camel and not a man passed last night? Was it not by the print of his hoof on the sand?" And pointing to the sun whose last rays were fading over the horizon, he added,

"That footprint is not of man."


From Creativity, by OSHO

1 comment:

Bowds said...

Wow I love this story. I've got one I want to post on mine soon, but WOW!

That story really touched me, thanks for your helpful (plagaristic :P) insight yet again.

D