Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pretty Shiny Things


Pretty Shiny Things, originally uploaded by iKat Kreations.

Canon 300E

In my book, I write about a photographer named Elizabeth Sunday, who said, “I believe in myself. I believe in my vision, my life, my talent, my art more than anyone. No one can take that away from me.” We can choose to be affected by the world or we can choose to affect the world. I never passed algebra, I’m not good at games involving balls being thrown or kicked towards me. For years, I struggled with all that I wasn’t. But seeing and believing in who I truly am has given me an unstoppable faith and conviction in what I can do with my life.

In Spilling Open, I write, “I think when I can get to that place of self-acceptance and a sense of calm assurance in who I genuinely am, if I can believe in who I am, what I need, what I deserve and what I must express, then I can let go of the struggle of self-acceptance based on their approval of my beauty, boobs, thighs, or sketchbooks. I will dare to do just what I do. Be just what I am. And dance whenever I want to.

~ Sabrina Ward Harrison


Thank you, Ms. Harrison. You took the words right out of my mouth. Happy Dancing! ;-)




Dance






********
peace
love
joy
~iKat
********

No comments: