Sunday, January 02, 2005

100 Words by "Kathreen"


http://100words.net



100 words. I highly recommend it! Therapeutic in a most creative way... Click today's blog entry title to go.

Here are three of my favorite entries:

October 8, 2004 ~
There we stood holding on to each other tight. As if the mere act of letting go would make us fall into an abyss. We were each other’s life raft. There we were in the middle of this turbulent sea and the embrace was our island.

This moment was my reality check. A much needed reminder. A minute of feeling, smelling and remembering what brought us together to begin with. The chaos that is life has made me forgetful. A single moment of our bodies entwined brought back the cherished raison d'ĂȘtre, the sanity.

For a moment nothing else mattered.



October 2, 2004 ~
“I hate my life right now!”

It pinched. For the first few seconds, the pain was local. Negligible. Then, ever so slowly, it spread. Like some sneaky virus it started to consume me. What started pinching was now a throbbing mass in my head. My heart. My ego. It had nothing to do with me, I know that much. But my freaking ego is, as always, clueless to this reality.

It wants what it wants. Believes what it believes.

Now it wants to believe that the comment was all about her majesty.

“Oh, woe is me... ”, the song begins.


October 4, 2004 ~
Divine chaos, Deepak Chopra calls it.

But there is nothing divine about running around the house, still dressed in sleeping clothes at ten in the morning, trying to feed two noisy toddlers while pacifying a crying baby. Nothing divine in holding in toxic wastes in the gut since there is no time to unload, not yet. Nothing divine in remembering that there are no diapers for my girl and the baby is a month late for his vaccination schedules.

“Hello. It’s me. Joshim needs to get his shots, Oona has no diapers and I have to take a crap. Help.”

Divine-shmivine!



No comments: