Sunday, August 14, 2005

Goodnight, Goodmorning, Goodafternoon

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jetlagged at Day Two Photo by Baba Jack

"Health is the first muse, and sleep is the condition to produce it. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Man, I can't wait for everybody to get over this jetlag.
Jetlag sucks. It's there and you can't do anything about it except sleep it off.
But you musn't simply sleep it off.
There is a certain school of thought - almost as sucky as jetlag itself - that says one must wait until they reach the very end of their sleepy rope before giving in, read: when you are walking around like a drunk, lest you want your jetlag to stay longer than it should.
Which is fine if you don't have kids with very different body clocks.
In my case, three very different body clocks.
One goes off while another one is just getting up and yet another one is running around like a crazed animal.

In the last week I must have averaged around three hours a night.

May the sleep angels visit my children at the same hour-minute-second each night and be consistent this time.
Or else, I just might pluck their angel wings and mix them feathers in my pillows.

Hence, proof that my health - in this case, mental - is in question from sore lack of winks.
The "first muse" is certainly being elusive towards me these days.

GOODNIGHT!

No comments: