Friday, August 26, 2005

The Power Of Weakness

I am weak.

It's not an easy thing for me to admit.
I grew up thinking that admitting one's weaknesses meant admitting defeat.

So I acted strong.
See, acted.

I just looked it up in the dictionary, too.
And this is what I found:

Act=affectation, attitude, bit, dissimilation, fake, false front, feigning, front, performance...

Shall I continue...

Phony, pose, posture, pretense, put-on, sham, show, stall, stance, stunt, sweet talk...

I think you get the picture.

All I can say to that is this:

Tiring.
And not to mention, downright useless.

So I've decided to stop.
Stop acting strong and simply admit it.
Hard as it may be.
And with confidence, too:

I am weak.

But only because I finally realized where True Strength comes from.


The only power that weakness has over us is the power we give it by fearing it. God promises to strengthen us in our weakness if we trust Him and turn to Him. (Isaiah 41:10...Don't be afraid , for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.) ~ Joyce Meyer, Life In The Word




Some of my energy-boosters Canon Rebel 300D

No comments: