Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mr. Dumpty should have had kids


Broken at breakfast

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great wall
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.




There are days when I feel all down and broken. Days that make me ask painful questions, Did I do the right thing? Is this really where I'm supposed to be? Will I ever have proper sleep again?

Then out of nowhere I see something - a faint glimmer from a candle held up at just the right moment: a bunch of innocent hopeful voices, an unexpected hug from tiny, pudgy arms, a line so simple yet so true it takes my breath away. It is familiar but always surprising. And lovely. Like a warm whisper from heaven that everything will be alright, just you wait and see and believe.

The story of my life. Cracked and broken in so many places but glued together by giggles and hugs and sweet syrupy lines from the chocolate-covered mouths of babes barely able to put sentences together.

And I am back together again.







Surprise Love Post-Its from the S & O, closet door on my bedside








********
peace
love
joy
~iKat
********

2 comments:

Bowds said...

THE BEST post you have writen, from a language point of view. I really enjoy the specific line "Cracked and broken in so many places but glued together by giggles and hugs and sweet syrupy lines from the chocolate-covered mouths of babes barely able to put sentences together." Its wonderful to think your life is so wonderful. I wish I could leave you special post-its with my single philosophical thought for the day.

I suppose my thought this morning was "Soon Nuclear Fission will battle I-Love-mommys for the greatest power in the univers"

The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

Awwwww....c'mon over here and lemme give you a hug! Ever so sweet and thoughtful D. You are. Thanks for this bro. I may not have 99 comments in my inbox but yours sure make me feel like a million bucks. Cheers, mate! ;-)