1. I've always known as early as highschool that I wanted kids and wished to have two or three. Voila...3!
2. It's true what they say about the first born being washed and wiped and wrung every two minutes, the second one wiped every two hours and the third one... oh don't bother. Let em eat off the floor if they wanna.
3. My choosing to be stay-at-home-mom was not a difficult decision to make
4. Yet it is getting harder and harder to keep.
5. I find motherhood all-consuming: body, mind, spirit.
6. And I thought I'd just breeze through it with my manicured nails and blow-dried hair.
7. My nails hardly know polish anymore, let along the nail-file, and my hair is simply there to keep my head warm during the winter.
8. The best times of the day for me are when baby J comes over to caress/massage my stubbed toe, elbow, knee (with 3 kids running around, it's bound to happen a lot), when they sit side by side either watching tv, doing arts/crafts, peeling boiled eggs...quietly, and bedtime. Shhhh...bliss!
9. I take pride in raising kids who not only know their ABCs and 123s but are respectful of others and more importantly, themselves.
10. The three things I consider important to share with my children are ~ to follow their hearts, to honor themselves, and to always be God-centered and aware of their spirituality.
11. I believe it was the best decision raising the kids myself.
12. I still wish for a full-time housekeeper/nanny to help me in the day to day.
13. I believe my kids are going to thrive when they see their mommy thriving first.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants