Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sweet & Sour Sunday

Last night's exchange with Child #2, 3.5 yrs:

O: (hands on waist) "Mommy, if you don't let me watch Christmas Caillou again, I'm going to tear you."
Me: (in kitchen making dinner) "Bella, we agreed, one cartoon before dinner. And what do you mean by tear me, honey?
O: "Tear you like paper pieces, like this..." (proceeds to show me shredding motion)

WTF?!?

Ten minutes later, over dinner:
Oona: Mommy, you make the best food ever! I love you as big as a flower. (big grin)

Moral of the Story:
Don't back down on your rules just yet, Mommy. They always come around sooner or later, especially after food.



This morning's exchange with hubby:
Hubby: (pissed off) "I don't want to be with you today (Date Day) if you're going to be like that."

Me: (grumpy in the morning) "Whatever. I'm going to work-out"

Two hours later, post work-out:
(All smiles and endorphin-happy) Let's go honey. Where do you wanna go today?

Moral of the Story:
WORK-OUT. No matter what's going on in your world. It's good for you. It's good for him. It's good for everybody.



HAPPY SUNDAY!




********
peace
love
joy
~iKat
********

1 comment:

Bowds said...

My mum loved this Kat, I think its sooooo funny. I'm even like this! When they're older the car becomes another bargaining point :D

Future Fun

Dylan