Sunday, March 12, 2006


Munchsters

I coined the word a year or so ago after watching the cartoon Monsters Inc. 2,125 times. Sol was the first to get hooked on the movie. Something about Sulley sounding like Sollie, his nickname when he was a baby and Mike Wazowsky just having the same name as his favorite Uncle Mikey. I have to say it is an excellent movie. I'd put it on my Top 10 List of Kid Movies if I had one.

Then it was Oona's turn to get hooked. She was always so cute and gigil to bits whenever she would hide behind the couch everytime the opening scene came on. You know, the one where the scary but clumsy monster-in-training comes into this mechanical boy's room, falls and sticks his butt full o jacks. That's always good for a laugh.

Nowadays, it's one of Joshim's favorites. I say one of because I still believe nothing will ever take the place of his beloved Barney which I think is a karmic debt I'm paying for saying all those hateful things about this creepy, annoying dino when I was still childless and did not rely on cartoons for my sanity.

Gotta go. They're calling from inside the shower where I've got them all trapped just so I can blog this morning. I gotta line them up, wipe them dry and slather the Vaseline. Then I will boil the corn which is the Munchsters' present favorite food to munch for snacks. Oh boy. I will soon be oohing and aahing over how the humble yellow kernels can magically appear gloriously intact in the toilets up to two days later.
Ah, the little perks of motherhood.

"Okay! Okay! Coming!!!"


My Munchsters Sol, Oona & Joshim getting clean

The Munchsters pictured her are neither strange nor frightening - except, of course, when they start screaming at the top of their lungs at each other or threatening your life with "I'll tear you!" statements. They are lovable to the core and may wear you out with the constant request for sandwiches, oatmeal, yoghurt, eggs, bread, cheese, cookies, gummies, pancakes and the list goes on and on. Requires short-order cook, preferably a someone who answers to "Mommy" to serve them the munchies from sun-up to sun-down or may wreak havoc and cause mental illness to those in the vicinity.

********
peace
love
joy
~iKat
********

No comments: